- Special Envoy to the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) (2012 to Date) Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The organisation is committed to combating human trafficking.
- Member of the Advisory Board, Arab Centre for Advanced Study of the Arab World (CASAW).
(2007 to date)CASAW is a UK government initiative to build expertise on the Arab World based on knowledge of the Arabic language coupled with advanced research methods skills in the social and political sciences, arts and humanities.
- Awareness Ambassador for World Young Women′s Christian Association (2006 to date).
The World YWCA is a global network of women leading social and economic change in 125 countries worldwide. It advocates for peace, justice, health, human dignity, freedom and care of the environment.
- The Jury for the Equator Initiative (2002 to date).The Equator Initiative is a partnership that brings together the United Nations, governments, civil society, businesses, and grassroots organizations to build the capacity and raise the profile of local efforts to reduce poverty through the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity.
- Honorary Person for the International Year of Volunteers 2001 in Jordan (2001).
- In 1998, Princess Basma became a member of UNESCO′s International Panel on Democracy and Development.
The task of the Panel was to advise the Director-General of UNESCO on the implementation of programmes which support democratization as a basis for human rights and participation in development.
- Honorary President of The Inner Wheel Club.
Inner Wheel Club members promote true friendship, encourage the ideals of personal service and foster international understanding.
- In February 1998 Princess Basma became a member of the Honorary Board of Green Cross International (GCI).
Founded by Mikhail Gorbachev in 1993, and building on the 1992 United Nations Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, the mission of GCI is to help create a sustainable future by cultivating harmonious relationships between humans and the environment. GCI participated in the development of the Earth Charter and its organizations are active in 21 countries.